ECFE Advisory Council
Who we are and what we do
Simply put, we are a group of parents who want to be involved in our local ECFE/SR program. Our stated purpose is to assist the Manager in planning, implementing, and evaluating the ECFE and School Readiness program. We strive to represent the concerns of participants, raise money, balance the budget, organize and publicize our programs and events, review center policies and programming, and interface with staff.
Advisory Council meetings are held monthly to review committee work and participant feedback, hear reports from our various liaisons and event coordinators, and discuss larger issues such as legislation, registration, and program goals. Additional meetings are held as needed for sub-committees and fund raising events.
An additional benefit to each meeting is the company and snacks! Interested? Fill out the application to join.
Annual Activities and Fundraisers
ECFE Fun Run
- The ECFE Fun Run is held once per year in the fall bringing families together to celebrate the outdoors. We host a 5K Run and 2K Walk in Elk River starting and returning to The Handke Stadium overlooking the historic Handke Pit. Afterwards, families participate in the Outdoor Nature Classroom and take part in activities, games, face painting, bounce houses and more.
- During October each year, the ECFE Advisory Council sells beautiful poinsettias for the upcoming holiday season. Be sure to check on-line each fall to order yours!
ECFE Valentine Carnival
- One of our biggest events of the year is the ECFE Valentine's Carnival held on a Friday evening in February. Families from around the school district and local communities join us for the biggest toddler/preschool event of the year! Games, activities, programming all geared towards our little ones with plenty of options to choose from.
ECFE Youth Sale
- Each April, the ECFE Advisory Council hosts their annual Youth Sale at the Elk River High School. A popular event, it is ear-marked by many in the community as THE place to find gently used clothing, toys, equipment and furniture for little ones.
Elk River Parade
- Watch for ECFE each summer for the Sherbune County Fair parade!
How are funds are used
When you participate in an ECFE Advisory Council activity or fundraiser, the funds raised go towards:
- ECFE Nature Classroom
- Classroom Supplies
- ECFE Programs
In addition, by participating in these activities, we build community and friendships that can last a lifetime.
"Being a part of the council is an asbolute job! While it requires hard work and dedication, the payoff is awesome! ECFE is something that affects our children and our community in such a positive way, so being able to contribute to that is very rewarding." -Jessie, ECFE Advisory Council Parent
- Check out the ECFE Nature Classroom page to learn about how to volunteer or financially support the council's goal of building a certified Nature Explore Outdoor Classroom.
- Volunteer in the classroom or for projects! Talk to your classroom teacher for more details.
- Purchase an ECFE T-shirt or sweatshirt.
- Click on the Become a Member page to view the job description of an Advisory Council Member and submit an application.
- Donate financially to the ECFE Program. Contact the ECFE Office for details at 763-241-3524.
- Donate seasonable items to classroom teachers as well as back to school supplies such as Clorox wipes, tissues, hand sanitizer, stickers, paints and more.
For additional information
- For more information on the ECFE Advisory Council, contact Chair, Jessie, at email@example.com.
- For more information on ECFE programs, contact the ECFE at 763-241-3524.